- The information we collect and use, including how we generally use that information.
- What we share and disclose and why and to whom.
- Our promotions, sweepstakes and contests
- What “Cookies and Web Beacons” are and how we use them.
- How to update and delete your account information.
Information Collection and Use
We collect personal information from you whenever you interact with us, such as when you:
- register with one or more of the Company Websites,
- use our products or services,
- enter promotions or sweepstakes,
We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register, we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with one or more of the Company Websites and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. You are free to use the Company Websites without registering or setting up a personal account (e.g. a ShesConnected account); however, some of our services and web pages are available only to those who are registered users.
- We collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the pages you request.
- We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Company Websites through the operation of the service (e.g., photo captions) in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
- We use your personal information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients. In short, the information you provide us can help us to understand how to make the Company Web Sites more convenient and useful to you.
- By using any of the Company Websites, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- In general, we provide access to your personal information only to our employees and contractors who we believe need that access in order to do their jobs and to provide products or services to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
User profile information including screen name and location displayed to people in order to facilitate user interaction in our online social networking communities.We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you request, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help us communicate with you about offers from us and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We may sometimes share aggregate non-personal information with third parties such as the media, advertisers, and government agencies. This aggregate information is typically in the form of statistics, such as numbers of our users who live in a particular state or fall within a particular age group. Such aggregate information is gathered from individual users’ information but is not traceable to any specific identifiable user.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If the Company is required to transfer personally identifiable information to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of the assets or stock of ShesConnected or its affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- In order to allow access to our systems to third parties providing necessary technical services when such access is required in order to provide those services.
Please note, however, that we reserve the right to share any personally identifiable or other information about you which you provide to (or which is gathered by) the Company or the Company Websites with any or all of its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, our “Affiliates”) (subject to certain opt-out rights provided in your account profile with respect to disclosures of personally identifiable information to Affiliates for their direct marketing uses). We will also have access to any such information which you provide to (or which is gathered by) the web sites of any of our Affiliates.
We do not share your personal information with our advertisers. However, the advertising we display is targeted to users of particular services and content. So if you view or click on a targeted ad, the advertiser (or other companies affiliated with the advertiser) may assume that you meet the targeting criteria – for example, women from a particular geographic area or with children or grandchildren of a certain age.
Promotions, Sweepstakes and Contests
From time to time, we or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on one or more of the Company Websites. Users may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address, or to answer questions in order to participate. We may transfer personal information to certain ad partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can set up your browser to reject cookies or tell you when a cookie has been sent. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of the Company Websites’ interactive features, and we hope you will leave them turned on.
The Company Websites also uses web beacons (also known as action tags or single pixel gifs) to access our cookies inside and outside our Web pages and in connection with our products and services. A web beacon is a transparent image placed on a web page that sends a signal when a person visits that page. This enables us to assess the popularity and effectiveness of the material posted on the Company Websites. We may also use web beacons in connection with e-mails sent to our users, to let us know whether and when the e-mail was opened. No personal information is transmitted through web beacons.
Your Ability to Update and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences Including Opt Out Rights
- You can update your Account Information, including your biographical and profile information, at any time, by going to your user setting page. While there, you can make choices about how your information may be used by the Company and its affiliates to provide marketing offers to you. You may opt out of such marketing communications. These preferences do not apply to communications that are directly related to your registration with ShesConnected, or the fulfillment of a specific transaction you have requested (for example, a service advisory from the Company, or an acknowledgment of a purchase order). If you choose to opt out of certain disclosure options, you may be unable to use certain features on the Company Websites.
- You may request deletion of your account by sending a message to Support@shesconnected.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the My Account page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications on these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- During the time period in which you maintain an account on one or more of the Company Websites, we reserve the right to send you certain important communications relating to our services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these important communications.
- You can terminate your account at any time by sending a request to Help@ShesConnected.com.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We store this information to send this one-time email, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
- We take appropriate precautions to protect our users’ information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). (To learn more about SSL, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer). Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. If you have any questions about the security of the Company Websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Sites
Questions and Suggestions
971 Concord Avenue