Attendee Sponsorship Guidelines
Guidelines for Attendee Sponsorship
Whether you are attending ShesConnected representing yourself, or you are being sponsored to represent another organization at the conference, there are some guidelines we ask you to adhere to so that everyone has the best experience.
Attending as a sponsored blogger-Do’s & Don’ts
Prior to the conference, you will have agreed to the nature of the representation you will provide your sponsor. When negotiating, ensure you keep these points in mind.
What you can offer to do for your sponsor:
- Wear branded or provided clothing
- Write sponsored content on your blog
- Provide Ad space on your blog
- Provide Consulting services
- Prize or swag giveaways on your blog, before or after the conference
- Include their information on your regular networking materials, such as business card, stickers, buttons, or bumper stickers
- Social Media amplification (tweets, Facebook messages, Pinterest pins)
What you cannot offer your sponsor:
- Exhibition space: only official sponsors of ShesConnected12 can receive sponsor benefits, which include booths or tables in the exhibition area
- Materials or swag giveaways during the conference
- The dissemination of unsolicited promotional materials (see below for more details)
- Parties in the conference space or hotel: you are free to hold any events or parties outside of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Please be courteous and not hold them during conference hours.
Additional points to remember:
- If you think your sponsor would like to become an official sponsor of the event, please contact Hollie at ShesConnected. You may receive a finder’s fee for any conference sponsors you bring on board!
- It is strictly not allowed to hand out, or even place on the conference tables, any brochures, swag, or literature related to your sponsor. Conference staff will be enforcing this guideline. Any materials found will be removed. Failure to comply will result in a warning. Second warnings will result in the recall of your conference pass and possible revocation of attendance from the conference. Remember: If you would like to promote your sponsor, you may include their information on your usual networking materials. Some ideas are above in ‘What you CAN do’.
- While ShesConnected cannot enforce what you do outside of the conference space, consider adhering to these guidelines for the duration of the conference days. Your peers will let you know if they’re interested in more information-just like on your blog, keep your communication authentic, and people will respond!
- If you witness an unofficial sponsor or a sponsored blogger violating the guidelines, please let one of the ShesConnected staff know. They will investigate and act accordingly.
Remember, these guidelines are to ensure a pleasurable and mutually beneficial learning and networking experience for all attendees.
: Illegal string offset 'url' in /home/content/52/6602052/html/Micro/wp-content/plugins/pinterest-pin-it-button/inc/shortcode.php
on line 16